Customized content is vital to your marketing strategy, because consumers love a personalized approach. Generic email blasts simply don’t cut it anymore, so brands should consider personalizing content to really engage with recipients. We’ve listed 16 of the best statistics on why you need content, and why it needs to be personalized.
Why Brands Need Content
1. 72% of marketers think that branded content is more effective than magazine advertisements. (Source)
2. Content marketing costs 62% less than traditional marketing and generates about 3 times as many leads. (Source)
3. Year-over-year growth in unique site traffic is 7.8x higher for content marketing leaders compared to followers (19.7% vs 2.5%). (Source)
4. 58% of marketers said “original written content” is the most important type of content, outdoing visuals and videos. (Source)
5. However, it is important to keep in mind that visuals should still be displayed throughout your content. The demand for infographics has increased 800% in the past year. (Source)
6. Content can be geared towards your target market to better fit their needs and wants. Individual customer stakeholders who perceived supplier content to be tailored to their specific needs were 40% more willing to buy from that supplier than stakeholders who didn’t (Source).
Why Brands Should Personalize Content
7. Marketers see an average increase of 20% in sales when using personalized experiences. (Source)
8. Personalized emails deliver 6x higher transaction rates. (Source)
9. However, going the extra mile with emails only generates more successful results. Emails with personalized subject lines are 26% more likely to be opened. (Source)
10. But, if emails are not your company’s strong point, some brands have recorded 8x improvement on click-through rates with a personalized video versus standard outbound email campaigns. (Source)
11.74% of customers feel frustrated when website content is not personalized. (Source)
12. 79% of consumers say they are only likely to engage with an offer if it has been personalized to reflect previous interactions the consumer has had with the brand. (Source)
13. Lack of content relevancy generates 83% lower response rates in the average marketing campaign. (Source)
14. 78% of U.S. Internet users said personally relevant content from brands increases their purchase intent. (Source)
15. This can go even further, when looking at the bigger picture as your company as a whole. 87% of consumers surveyed say that personally relevant branded content positively influences how they feel about a brand (Source).
16. Lastly, personalization works: 88% of U.S. marketers reported seeing measurable improvements due to personalization — with more than half reporting a lift greater than 10%. (Source)
Adapting to the personalized age of content is critical in order to make customers feel special. Even though it may take extra time, the effort will go a long way and transform your startup.