Each startup will receive an investment of $65,000 USD and will participate in the 'Seed' program in Mexico City for 16 weeks. Of the 783 applicants, only 120 companies were interviewed, going through an extensive evaluation process involving the entire 500 Startups team in Latin America until the selection of the final 15 companies.
Each startup will undergo an intensive process of developing their product, building customer knowledge, growth hacking, and financial modeling with the help of mentors and like-minded entrepreneurs. The 500 Startups Latam program is designed to help the entrepreneurs minimize hurdles to generate significant growth.
Here are the 15 companies that make up 500 Startups Latam: Generation 7.
• Axend : (Colombia) A global platform that connects people with the best investment options available in the market.
• Ayenda : (Colombia) The easiest software to use for independent hotel management.
• Briko : (Mexico) Programming and robotics course combining an online learning platform and modular electronics kit.
• Caravana : (Mexico) A better, carpooling alternative. Better than public transportation and cheaper than driving your car.
• Expansive : (Mexico) Collective funding platform for real estate projects that allows consumers to make investments starting from $50,000 Mexican pesos.
• Gurú de Viaje : (Mexico) The easiest way to discover new destinations and travel with the best flight offers.
• Kayum : (Mexico) The easiest way to buy the insurance that is right for you.
• Memorick : (Mexico) Connects tourists with local photographers around the world to turn your best memories into souvenirs.
• Morton & Bedford : (Colombia) Creators of custom-made clothes for men to look their best.
• Prescrypto : (Mexico) Generate and send electronic medical prescriptions from any mobile device.
• Reserva Turno: (Argentina) App to discover and book shifts at beauty salons at any time and from anywhere.
• Sellfone : (Mexico) Buy and sell second-hand cell phones with a 90-day post-purchase guarantee.
• Spider Fleet : (Mexico) An intelligent system that improves the quality of managing and renting fleets of vehicles.
• Sportwey : (Mexico) Platform that connects and manages amateur sporting tournaments.
• Trato: (Mexico) A cloud-based contract management tool that makes the legal process between companies and their clients more efficient and secure.
If you’re thinking about applying to the next 500 Startups Latam program, or any other accelerator program, we know it can be an overwhelming experience. From answering the questions succinctly to creating a dynamic, attention-grabbing video, the application process can easily become a daunting task. But we can help! Our clients have been through a variety of accelerator programs including: 500 Startups Mountain View, Naranya Labs, NXTP Labs, Start-Up Chile, TechStars Austin, Venture Hive, and more.
We know what it takes to stand apart from other startups and gain acceptance into a top-tier accelerator program. We can help improve your application, video, and pitch deck to better position your startup for admission. Find out how!